Wolverines Sign Wilson to National Letter of Intent
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- University of Michigan women's gymnastics head coach Bev Plocki announced on Thursday (Nov. 15) that Gabby Wilson has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend the University of Michigan. She will join Michigan for the 2019-20 academic year.
"We are ecstatic about the addition of Gabby to our Michigan family," said Plocki. "She brings some big gymnastics and high-level routines. She is an amazing young woman and will bring so much more than her gymnastics to our program."
Wilson is a native of nearby Ypsilanti, Michigan, and attends Skyline High School in Ann Arbor. She competes and trains for Olympia Gymnastics Academy in Shelby Township.
• Competes for Olympia Gymnastics Academy after attending the Michigan Academy of Gymnastics for 12 years
• Attends Skyline High School in Ann Arbor, Michigan
• Three-time Nastia Liukin Cup qualifier
• Competed at the Junior Olympics the last four years
• 2018 J.O. national all-around champion
• 2018 Michigan state champion
• 2017 J.O. all-around runner up
• 2017 Region 5 All-Around Champion
• 2016 J.O. National Champion
• 2016 Region 5 Gymnast of the Year
• Father, Charles, was on the track & field team at Eastern Michigan (1987-91)
• Mother, Althea, was on the track & field team at the University of Illinois (1987-91)
The Wolverines will begin the 2019 season on Friday, Jan. 4, 2019, in Cancun, Mexico. Michigan's home opener will be on Friday, Jan. 18 at 7 p.m. in Crisler Center when U-M hosts Michigan State to start conference competition. Season tickets are on sale now starting at $25 on MGoBlue.com.